Nikon has released a firmware update for the Nikon D5. Here is a list of the basics, but he big one ins the video. Grab the update here
The camera can now record movies up to 29 minutes and 59 seconds long. Movies are recorded across up to 8 files, each up to 4 GB size, which can be joined together using the ViewNX-Movie Editor option in ViewNX-i version 1.2.0 or later. *
• An Electronic VR option has been added to the MOVIE SHOOTING MENU. Note that electronic vibration reduction is not available at frame sizes of 3840×2160 or 1920×1080 crop, and that the angle of view is slightly reduced when electronic vibration reduction is in effect. *
• A Flicker reduction option has been added to the PHOTO SHOOTING MENU. *
• Dynamic-area AF (9 points) has been added to the AF-area mode options available during viewfinder photography. *
• The chief changes to viewfinder photography autofocus are:
– Improved camera response when the button assigned Auto-area AF using Custom Setting f1 (Custom control assignment) > AF-area mode or AF-area mode + AF-ON is pressed to temporarily select auto-area AF.
– Improved tracking when Wide is selected for Custom Setting a5 (3D-tracking watch area) and 3D-tracking is selected for AF-area mode.
• The following changes have been made to the shooting display in the web browser when Silent photography is selected in HTTP server mode:
– An “SL” (“silent”) icon has been added to the release mode button.
– The “number of shots remaining” display for continuous release modes now shows the time remaining.
– Exposure compensation can now be adjusted by up to ±3.
• The file name (extension “.NDF”) is now displayed in HTTP server mode when Image Dust Off data are displayed in a web browser either full frame or in the image viewer.
• The web browser displays for computers, iPads, and Android OS now identify white balance presets 1 through 6 by number when preset manual white balance is selected in HTTP server mode.
• If movie recording is started while the camera is focusing in movie live view, the camera will now stop focusing before beginning recording.
• Fixed the following issues:
– The camera would sometimes record the date of recording incorrectly during leap years and the like.
– The Save/load settings option in the SETUP MENU would only load up to 10 of the up to 20 items that could be stored in “My Menu”.
– The camera would display the encryption key for Direct (access point) connections when searching for wireless networks using Search for wireless network with Direct (access point) selected in the SETUP MENU > Network connection wizard.
– The device would sometimes be unable to connect to the D5 when Connect and exit wizard was chosen with Direct (access point) selected in the SETUP MENU > Network connection wizard.
– The OS X edition of the Wireless Transmitter Utility would not function as expected when used to edit or add profiles for a camera connected via USB if Password protection was enabled for wireless or Ethernet LANs in the Network > Network settings menu.
– The camera would sometimes not correctly display pictures created using the Trim option in the RETOUCH MENU.
– If playback zoom was activated while the memory card access lamp was lit, the picture would sometimes not display correctly or the camera would zoom in on a point other than the active focus point if:
• RAW Slot 1 – JPEG Slot 2 was selected for Role played by card in Slot 2 in the PHOTO SHOOTING MENU,
• On was selected for Image review in the PLAYBACK MENU,
• Memory cards were inserted in Slots both 1 and 2, and
• The NEF (RAW) and JPEG images were different sizes
Share this Post