This one is big. This firmware update has some major changes that you will want to add to your toolbox for sure. Here is a list of the updates that you will get upgrading from 1.10 to 1.20:
• Added two new AF-area modes: group-area AF (HL) and group-area AF (VL). The user selects a row (HL) or column (VL) of focus points; when AF-C is selected for focus mode, the camera will give priority to the point in the selected row or column containing the subject closest to the camera.
• Updated the photo info display to show the color temperature for photos taken with Auto selected for white balance.
• Added an EXIF tag listing the difference between the local time zone and UTC, part of the Exif 2.31 specification.
• Added the support for the following features of AF-P lenses:
– If the standby timer expires after the camera has focused, the focus position will not change when the timer is reactivated.
– In manual focus mode, the focus indicator in the viewfinder (or in live view, the focus point selected in the monitor) will flash to show that infinity or the minimum focus distance has been reached by rotating the focus ring.
• Changed the checks performed when Clean image sensor > Clean now is selected in the SETUP MENU. We recommend that you perform image sensor cleaning after updating the firmware.
• Fixed the following issues:
– The higher the amount of Active D Lighting selected when optional flash units were used with auto aperture (AA), non-TTL auto (A), or distance-priority manual (GN) flash mode, the more the resulting images would be underexposed.
– Changes to exposure (including exposure compensation) would not be reflected in the photo live view exposure preview while the display was zoomed in.
– Photo live view display WB could not be selected in the i-button menu while the exposure preview was displayed in photo live view.
– Taking long bursts of photos with On selected for Network > Options > Auto send would sometimes drastically slow the recording of data to the memory card.
• Reduced the amount of time needed to connect to hidden SSIDs when WPA-PSK or WPA2-PSK is selected for Authentication.
• Updated some help text.
Users of the software listed below will need to update to the following versions to support the changes in this firmware update:
• Camera Control Pro 2 version 2.25.1 or later
• ViewNX-i version 1.2.8 or later
How to update
1. Create a folder on the computer hard disk and name it as desired.
2. Download F-D5-V120W.exe to the folder created in Step 1.
3. Run F-D5-V120W.exe to extract the following file to a folder named “D5Update”:This file is the camera firmware D5_0120.bin
4. Using a card slot or card reader, copy “D5_0120.bin” to a memory card that has been formatted in the camera.
5. Insert the memory card into the Slot 1 on the camera and turn the camera on.
6. Select Network in the SETUP MENU and confirm that Disable is selected for Network connection.
7. Select Firmware version in the SETUP MENU and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the firmware update.
8. Once the update is complete, turn the camera off and remove the memory card.
9. Confirm that the firmware has been updated to the new version
Share this Post